[ROVERNET - UK] P6B Heater Problems

Ray Wilkins raywilk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 11:38:33 BST 2005

The heater in my P6B does not appear to work. By that
I mean the heater control is pushed to hot but no hot
air is felt in the cabin although the fan is working.
If I lived through a Canadian winter, for instance,
the problem would have been addressed much earlier but
as it is I have just lived with it.
Whether it is related I am not sure but the top hose
to the radiator never seems to have any resistance
when I squeeze it (even after the engine has been
running for a while). I am wondering if there could be
a problem with the thermostat although the needle in
the temp gauge always stays in the green area. I'm
pretty sure no hoses are blocked as I had them out a
year ago when I changed the inlet manifold gasket.
Does anyone have any ideas or has it happened to them.
I am just glad it is the start of our summer!
Thanks in advance.

Ray Wilkins
1976 P6B
Melbourne Australia