[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 3500S heater issues

John Couch jackjohn3 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 23 15:10:05 BST 2005

Rovernetters,

I am having trouble with the heat on my 3500S.  The car is a 1970 factory a/c vehicle which incorporates a different type of HVAC system then the non-a/c cars.  So far I have determined with a temp gun that the water temp in to the heater is about 40 degrees higher than the return water line going back in to the engine block.  I can also confirm that the vacuum activated hot water valve is allowing hot water past it and into the heater core.  If the heater core is shedding the 40 degree difference in water temp then it is not entering the passenger cabin.  I imagine that I have a vent flap problem inside the HVAC housing.

I would like to ask if anyone else has had such a problem and corrected it?  Also does anyone have a copy of the a/c section of Volume 2 of the factory 3500s manuals they can scan and email me,  I only have volume one and it does not cover what I need to know.

John Couch
Detroit, MI