[ROVERNET - UK] Vacuum actuators in heater

Fritz Rauschenberg wfritz at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 10 00:39:28 BST 2005

If the motor in question is anything like the windscreen wiper motor, it is a steel
shaft that has rusted &/or dried , running in a sintered bronze bushing. If that's the
case, use emery cloth to clean the steel shaft, lube it with a good quality grease &
re-assemble. I did that procedeure on my windscreen wiper motor 6 years ago and it
still functions perfectly. Thes devices from the 1960's are really quite simple and
very serviceable.

Fritz Rauschenberg
Atlanta