[ROVERNET - UK] Cost of rebuilding an engine

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 01:05:34 BST 2005

Lance,
If you are going to do the job, videotape the
dismantling so you have some reference on assembly.
You should have a record of which bolts went where,
what came off first (goes on last), how a sub-unit was
fitted, etc., etc.

I used a video camera when I removed and refitted my
sliding roof including removing the old headliner and
remaking another from a regulation headliner.  It was
very helpful to go back and review how things went
together.  I was surprised how easy it was to forget
small details.

"Best of British luck!"

Eric

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: