[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Alloys on P6B - front wheels- problem solved

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Sun Oct 2 02:50:00 BST 2005

Hi Rovernetters

Thanks to Vern Lex Mike and James for their input.

This morning my tyre shop fitted all of the SD1 wheels, removing the front
bearing covers for me to sort out.  There is plenty of metal on the flange
of the bearing caps and I'll follow the advice of  Lex and Vern and grind
away as much material as necessary until there is no interference. I have a
spare alloy off the car to use for measurement purposes.

told are identical to those used on a GMH vehicle, a Holden Torana, produced
here 20 years ago.

I am not particularly mechanical, although my elderly Dad is a retired
fitter and turner, so there must be some interest in the gene pool. But
thanks to Rovernet, this is a Problem Solved!  To paraphrase a saying from
my army days "Six munce ago I couldn't spell Rovar Meachanik, now I are
one!"

Cheers

Peter Mitchell