[ROVERNET - UK] Rovernet - P6B Ball Joints

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 06:00:02 GMT 2005

Roger,
Gasp!  At that price you can fly them over in an
aircraft seat.  Bundle up a collection of cheaper
joints and put their little bottoms on an economy seat
 :-)

I am glad you don't reuse ball joints.  The striations
on the joint grip the metal of the swivel joint and
help keep them fixed.  A reused joint will have the
striations flattened over.  This is not so safe.  It's
a person's life - if not your own then the next guy
who owns the car.

Eric

--- roger matheson <rogerdm at iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> Their part number for the top ball joint on the
> front suspension is GSJ141.
> They cost $130.35 AUD including GST.  Perhaps that
> price is not too bad, its
> just that I am used to recycling/repairing second
> hand parts, although that
> would not include critical suspension parts such as
> ball joints.  The
> advantage of English Auto parts is that they have or
> can get most parts.
> Though that did not apply to shock absorbers that
> were not quite identical
> in length.  Let me know how you  go
>
> cheers
>
> Roger