[ROVERNET - UK] Dinitrol

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 10 06:15:38 GMT 2005

The only way to undercoat a P6 is to unbolt all the body panels, which is
not difficult. You then simply clean all panels, and undercoat the back
sides. Otherwise you will miss all the spots that really ned undercoating.
You can use Body Schutz, a 3M product, that takes a special applicator or
gun. Frankly, I think Good quality(Such as 3M) PAINTABLE undercoating in a
spray can  is just as good. A good cleaning agent before this, is cheap
wash-grade lacquer thinner($25 for 5  gallons)- Wipe it on with a wet rag,
Immediately wipe it off with a dry rag; use blue nitrile gloves, and change
them when they dissolve.Use a fan and plenty of ventilation.Obviously this
is a good time to replace all the rubber seals. James Dean, Ft. Lauderdale.