[ROVERNET - UK] Foam strip in P6 heater

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 02:22:28 GMT 2005

Mark,
When you put your hand on the heater hoses going into
the heater box, do you feel heat?
If not, you may have a thermostat malfunction.

If you feel hot pipes, then the water goes through a
minature radiator at the bottom of the heat box.  The
heater fan blows across the "radiator".  The flaps
direct the air to the windshield or to your feet.

You may have to re: and re: the heater box to get to
the bottom of the problem and solve it.

Eric

--- Mark Brown <mbrown at automotiveforums.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies - I may need to see what
> I can do, as my heater is
> currently "functioning" much as described -
> clunking, clanging, and blowing
> neither hot nor cold no matter the fan speed or heat
> setting...
>
> Thanks again,
> Mark Brown
>

> Quoting Eric Russell <p6rovers at yahoo.com>:
>
> > I concur with Vern.  I tried using the peel and
> stick
> > weather stripping but found it too dense.  The
> flap
> > wouldn't close completely and left gaps near the
> > hinge.  The OEM stuff is a low density foam and so
> the
> > stuff I found matched visibly and also with the
> "feel
> > test" (let's not go there ;-)
> >
> > Anyway, my restored heater works as designed.
> >
> > Eric
> >
> > --- Vern Klukas <vern at inkspotco.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I tried using weatherstripping foam, but it was
> > > dense and caused
> > > problems operating the flaps. Now that doesn't
> mean
> > > I exhausted the
> > > kinds of weatherstripping foam out there, and it
> was
> > > several years
> > > ago now and technology marches on.
> > >
> > > Yours