[ROVERNET - UK] Instant P4 Collection

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 03:41:27 GMT 2005

Here's a chance for an instant collection of P4
Rovers.  You can go from 0 to 4 in short order.  Here
follows three messages I received from a Rover
enthusiast plus an auction website.  Enjoy!

Eric
Eric,

I found you through a search for Rover and am looking
for some help. I have found a couple of old Rover cars
that are for sale but have never seen one before and
know nothing about what they might be worth. The cars
look to be complete and in fair to good condition and
might even run but without any idea as to value of
this type of car I am lost. Can you tell me what an
average Rover would be worth? The cars in question are
a 1951, 1959 model 75, 1961 model 80, and a 1964 model
90. I know it is hard to put a price on a car without
seeing it but I am looking more for a high and low
value on these complete cars. I don't want to walk in
with blinders on and pay top dollar for a worthless
car.

Thanks,
Bob  <hoosier at pwrtc.com>

Eric,

I think it might help to let you know I am in the USA

Bob
**********************************
<after a sad reply from me, Bob writes>

Eric,

I am both happy and sad to hear from you. The cars in
question are very restorable or would be great for
parts. They were all owned by one person and will be
up for auction this weekend.
I live about 12-15 miles from the cars and thought
they looked worth saving. I don't know if your group
can do anything with them but if the parts are worth
it maybe you can get them. I think all are right hand
drive and there are 6 cars total and some parts. You
can see pictures of them at
http://www.double-dauctions.com/griffith.html to see
if they are worth anything to your group. I hate to
see them sell to the scrappers but I feel that is what
will happen here. Since I live close and have a truck
to haul cars with I had thought about buying all 6 and
selling them on ebay if they are worth the effort. If
not, and if you want I would be willing to help save
them if you buy them and could store them for a short
time as long as someone covers my expenses in hauling
them. (6 trips at 5 miles per gallon)  I don't think
this guy would have wanted his toys to be cut up for
scrap.

Bob
Auction site provided:
<http://www.double-dauctions.com/griffith.html>