[ROVERNET - UK] P6B sloppy speedo

Jane Gould janeyg at ukonline.co.uk
Fri May 27 00:21:43 BST 2005

Hello Boys (and girls !)

I once had this problem ,, it turned out to be cured by tightening the nut
in the middle of the final drive flange of the gearbox ,,,, I can't remember
now ,, but I think the speedo drive wormgear is only driven by
friction,,,,,,,,,,, if the final nut is not as tight as it should be , the
speedo drive worm gear can slip , therefore making the speedo under -read,
particularly at higher speeds!

If this cures the problem ,,, please send me £20.000.000 ,,, (for the
purchase of what is left of "Rover") --- if the problem persists
,,,, ----keep scratching your head!!

Happy Rovering

Colin Gould

Kingsdown Garage
Faringdon
England

Riley Elf 1969
Sunbeam Talbot 90 1954
Wolseley 1100 1966
Morris Oxford Estate 1965
Rover P6 200SC 1969
Rover P6 2000TC 1973
Rover 2000TC PAS 1973
Rover P6 b 3500 1973
Rover P6b 3500 1974
Standard 8 1955
Range Rover 3.5 EFI 1986
Rover 80 1961
Range Rover 3.9 Vogue SE  EFI 1989

That's enough for most Rover psychopaths to cope with!!!

TTFN

Colin
Rover 25  2001 (wife's car)