[ROVERNET - UK] Pertronix ignition on a SD1

Andrew Moss amoss at magma.ca
Wed May 4 18:04:36 BST 2005

Hi there,

This is a follow-up to a discussion I started about 6 months ago. I have
successfully installed a Pertronix ignition on to an Sd1 with federal
fuel injection. We had a discussion about it a while back and the
general thought was that it wouldn't work with the injection.

I eventually found the problem to be the angle that I reinstalled the
distributor was not correct. After lining up the rotor with oil pump and
the distributor cap correctly, the VDP fired up with no problem. I still
have to clean the injectors and replace the fuel pressure regulator to
get to running on top form, but I can say now that Pertronix is
compatible with the federal fuel injection.

Hope this might help someone out there,

Best regards,

Andrew

49 P3 Six light