[ROVERNET - UK] Who is Mercedes kidding?

Hank and Sally Manwell hdmanwell at alumni.bates.edu
Tue Mar 1 00:57:59 GMT 2005

Paul,
    Actually in The States, '67 NADA, left hand drive versions did have
Weslake heads.  Its my understanding that the Weslake head couldn't find
clearance in right hand drive models.  Comparing our LR and 110 engines,
the only obvious difference I can find is the exhaust manifold casting;
it sends the exhaust out and down through the left hand fender.  And the
distributor internal, mechanical, advance seems to have different
calibration, too.  Both had high compression - though I've converted
them to lower compression using pistons from the 100 engine.

Hank