[ROVERNET - UK] Where to find SD1 LH track control arm orLH/RHtrack arm pair?

Gavin.Walker at csiro.au Gavin.Walker at csiro.au
Wed Jul 27 05:35:06 BST 2005

Thanks Pierre,
  I did a search for it and found the diagram on Rimmer's web site.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/rover/sd1/susp-front#Steering%20Link

Most useful.

I've never had to replace these.  As the bushes are replaceable the wear
point is the balljoint.  Pedders, Australia, suggested that if it isn't
too worn they can drill a hole in the ball joint cap and inject a
plastic compound.  Screw a grease nipple into the hole and you have a
good, serviceable ball joint. YMMV

Pedders did have a spare arm but I can't remember which side it was (or
whether they still have them).

Gavin Walker
Canberra, Australia