[ROVERNET - UK] Radio noise

Dave Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 24 23:59:28 BST 2005

Barry wrote
 > What a great wealth of knowledge we have on Rovernet. Now I know why
  > the radio is noisy with the hood up and fine with it down.
 > Lets hope we don't get into Cavity Magnetrons

Barry

What's a Cavity Magnetron? :-)

Oops I stuffed up!
The mention of low permeability steel is so much frog manure!!!

It should read high permeability!!

Dennis Brooks wrote:
> Thanks for the explaniation Dave...now here's one...how can one tell the
> difference....RF (aerial) or direct (dc supply).

Difficult, as there are many possible entry points for RF ..... connect
the radio (leave it in the vehicle) to a remote battery or power supply
source via WELL SHIELDED supply leads and see if the interference is
reduced.

Shielded DC leads must be used, as any airborne RF interference will be
induced into unshielded ones.

Another possible RF entry point is into speaker wiring ...

Cheers
Dave
South Oz