[ROVERNET - UK] Re: rovernet Digest, Vol 32, Issue 26

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Mon Jul 18 13:49:28 BST 2005

Hi Chris, Peter and Slats,
I wouldn't call it "modern," but you can easily install a BW 65 in place
of a BW35 and there seem to be more people around who can rebuild one of
those.  You can even find good used "65's" from scrapped SD1's.  Any
"65" from an SD1 will do and all you need is the shifter from a Series 2
P6B that used a "65" OEM.  Folks in the UK, NZ or Oz should have lots of
these.  The rear flange on the SD1 "65" will require the drilling of two
more holes to mate up to the P6B driveshaft.  You will need the whole
BW65 assembly (although the flexplate may be the same).  Even the
kickdown cable is a straight bolt-on.  Don't know about cooler lines,
though.  I plan to do this when the "35" in my P6B gives out, although
it seems to be fine at present.

Rovereplacementforslushboxingly,
Kent K.