[ROVERNET - UK] crook carbys

Alan Gale agale at ihug.com.au
Sun Jan 9 13:39:15 GMT 2005

Rodger
1) Where are you?  If in Melbourne, go visit Wilson Carburettors in
Airport West and speak to John Cheal.  He is an expert.  9330 3216
2) how long between overhaul and symptom return?
3) sounds like jets are not seating properly for some reason and
therefore they are overflowing.
4) compressed air is a bit rough ...
5) when was the petrol tank last drained (ie fuel outlet removed and all
inside allowed to drain and then dry?) If a long time then perhaps
something has got into the float bowl and caused the inlet jet not to
seat properly ... but if fuel filter is there, this is unlikely. It
would be a pretty tough contaminant to eat at the seat.

Cannot think of any solution other than a clean out, which is not what
you wanted to hear.  perhaps others may know more than I.
(I would have gone to John rather than tried to sort it myself).