[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S ignition coil

Lance La Certe lacpsyd at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 03:00:21 GMT 2005

Geoff,

My hope is that its only the coil and that when you had the engine replaced
that the distributor was also new/rebuilt BECAUSE, I had what sounds like a
similar problem this past year----after driving for half an hour (with an
easy start) the car would just quit; sometimes not starting again for an
hour.  It turns out that my distributor was badly worn.  Ruth up in Canada
was my saviour----a new distributor instantly fixed the problem  (BUT, I
will also admit that the mechanic that helped me find the problem and
replaced the distributor, put in a new Lucas ignition coil to be on the
safe side-----its by far the cheapest fix before diving into the
distributor).

Hope that helps,    Lance La Certe,   '70 Federal 3500S---Denver CO

of no possible service to him."