[ROVERNET - UK] Re: riddle me this-sudden 3500s road noise

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 22:58:32 GMT 2005

This sounds very much like a wheel balance problem.  Cheap and easy to
fix, unless one or more tires need replacement or a wheel is damaged.

Geoff

"Hello all.

In anticipation of a cold weekend under the car, I wonder if anyone has an
idea for what might cause a sudden occurrence of road noise and vibration
on
my 3500s? I've determined only that it is not engine-related, as the
vibration does not stop when I shift into neutral and coast. The vibration
came on suddenly at about 60 mph, and now begins at about 45 mph, and is
quite pronounced if I go over 50. Tires all look fine, but that deserves
closer inspection.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have.

Peter King"

=====
"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA