[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 220 GTI turbo

David Bass david.bass4 at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 14 23:26:54 GMT 2005

With the caveat that without having actually owned or driven one,  all I
can say is what I've heard or read.

The 220 Turbo is a FWD 197 bhp, 2 litre coupe derived from the Rover 200
Honda era model.

It, like all of the turbo-charged Rovers of that era, is considered to
be somewhat over-powered for the capabilities of the chassis. It has
been stated that the 1.8 VVC version (with only about 135 bhp) was a
more balanced package.

The 200 coupe design is known to some as the "Tomcat", which was
apparently its factory codename.

It's quite a pretty looking car, IMO. Consider
http://www.btinternet.com/~james_white/ , where the "advice" section may
prove to be of interest.

David