[ROVERNET - UK] transmission leaks

Bill Daddis magnet at roverclub.org
Fri Feb 11 15:12:29 GMT 2005

Hi Peter,

You're spot-on on all three counts.  The seals are a synthetic
material that stiffens up in cold weather and hence doesn't
necessarily conform as well to the shaft that they are supposed to
seal to.

The seals aren't hard to get, but the transmission has to come out
to replace the front one. (My son's P6B leaks ATF at about a rate of
1 quart every 60 miles.  Really needs attention!)

Cheers,

Bill D.

--
Aurora, Ontario, Canada