[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 and 3500 similarities and differences

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Thu Dec 1 19:26:03 GMT 2005

Hi Netters,
Yes, I am still alive.  The post from James about the location of side
trim holes raises an issue of which I was not aware.  I will have to go
measure to see how far off the locations are, since I was planning on
adapting some 2000 wings to my 3500S.  Four areas of difference not
mentioned so far are the dash, firewall, and transmission tunnel, all of
which are different on the V8, and the front lower link mounts which are
further apart on the V8 and prevent the use of V8's in 4 cyl. base
units.  The front crossmembers are quite different and the differentials
and their mounts are different up until Series 2, after which only the
ratios differ. All NAS P6B's have power steering and most have A/C which
is very different from the P6 Delanair.  The seat design is quite
different between V8 and four, but they are interchangable.  There are
lots and lots of small differences.

Rovereclusively,
Kent K.