[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Oil Filter

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 6 20:14:49 BST 2005

Eric ol bean. The Wix listing on the website shows the 51515 as being the
filter for the 2000. This is the one I am using at present and it will work,
it just drains the oil back to the pan when the engine is off. Hence the 2-3
seconds of no oil pressure while the filter fills. The correct filter has a
pipe inside that is visible through the large hole. (inlet) The anti drain
back valve is useful when the filter is mounted in the normal, for most
engines, direction. If it is useful for the 2000 I am not aware of how. It
may have a limited effect by keeping the oil to the cam and tensioners in
the block. These will fill very quickly once the engine is running. The
standpipe is the important bit for the 2000. The correct listing for the
2000 appears to be the 51806. By the way Wix has changed the numbers over
the counter by dropping the 5, so the new number is 1806. The website
appears to still like the old numbers. I should add the caveat that I have
not used the new filter yet. I am trusting that all is well. Hope this
helps. Thanks for all the work you do for us Eric.
Ron.