[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Oil Filter

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:15:42 BST 2005

Greetings all. Today I walked into my local NAPA store and asked about a
51806 filter. To my shock and amazement they had one. The price for a Wix
filter-<$5. This filter has the tube. Thanks to Eric and many others it is
the one suggested for a 2000TC. It fits a Perkins diesel 4.236 litre engine
fitted in forklifts etc. It also fits some Massey Ferguson tractors. That is
probably not good news to most of you. The Wix site lists a 68 2000TC as a
6cyl that takes the 51515 filter. I have that filter on the car now and it
does not retain the oil. So they are wrong on two counts.
I hope you find this helpful. I kick myself for the years I have used a
filter without the retaining pipe.
Ron.