[ROVERNET - UK] BBC E-mail: Rover cars to be made in China

Damien Briggs services at dgbriggs.com.au
Thu Apr 21 01:25:55 BST 2005

Will the standard we have come to expect form Rover remain if manufacturing
goes offshore to China? I have serious doubts.

In the absence of another interested entity to take over, I suspect that
SIAC will prudently sit back and wait 'til after the administration is
completed.  The remaining assets and the rights to manufacture the product
will be significantly diminished by then.

Ahhh, and to think I was contemplating just a month ago to update my 75 to a
V8 limousine!!

Cheers

Damien
(Sydney Australia)