[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 - Removing a/c belt

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 03:58:12 BST 2005

Gavin, I have only ever seen the 1980 SD1-that's all that was shipped to
Canada. On the 1980 SD1 there is a bolt that goes vertically through the
clamp at the rear of the idler pulley assembly. If you loosen this, not
remove, then the idler should be loose and able to move on the shaft. The
second belt to the compressor must be loose also to allow the idler to shift
towards the crank pulley.
Hope this helps, Ron.