[ROVERNET - UK] Seat Adjusters

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Thu Sep 23 17:28:27 BST 2004

Hi Tom

First thing is, the tracks are a pain to get "square" I cut a
template from thin plywood, using the holes in a seat bottom for
positioning and it is still a pain. If they aren't square, you'll
have problems moving the seat easily over the entire range of motion.

The tracks can be disassembled, cleaned and relubed, which does help,
but beware there are many small bits that have to go back together
properly, so make diagrams or take pictures before you take them
apart. For a lube, you need something that is not to tacky, so dirt
won't stick, and one of the tricks is to use less than you would
think, again to cut down on dirt collection.

Yours
Vern

--
Vern Klukas                             I'm a little . . .
Inkspot Type & Design
vern at inkspotco.com