[ROVERNET - UK] China's 40% of MG-Rover

Stephen Beer stephen at beerinc.com
Sat Sep 11 02:30:31 BST 2004

On the contrary,
I believe they have a genuine, sincere love for this great hundred-year
old marque and would keep the spirit and manufacture of it unsullied
and properly British...

HA!
This is a miserable course of events and individual greed needs to be
put aside. The company must think very carefully about what Rover is
and means in the long term. I realize they need money to develop a new
car but they do seem to be doing a very good job with the few cooks
they have not spoiling the broth. Let's get Sir Stirling to rally round
the flag and tell Shanghai to go to blazes.

Look at what has happened to Bentley. I can live with the new Rolls but
that Karmen-Ghia thingy (Continental GT) is no Bentley. The new
Chrysler 300 looks more the part...

I'll remove myself from the soapbox.
Stephen Beer
http://www.autorestyle.com (under construction)