[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S Rear Ends

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Sat Sep 11 00:26:33 BST 2004

Hi Randy,
I've considered this many times, but never gotten
around to it.  Almost any rear end used would have to
be narrowed (even the TR7/8, I measured), but using
the existing leading and trailing links by cutting and
welding the relevant portions of the bracketry onto
the axle tube should locate a straight axle fore and
aft.  Because the P6's use a torque tube already, I
think I would narrow the SD1 axle and use torque tube
and the Watts links, welding brackets to the base P6
base unit where necessary.  Rover actually used a P6
base unit to test the SD1 suspension, as I recall.  An
added plus...you keep it all "Rover."

Let me know if you pursue this as I am quite
interested.

Roveroversimplifiedly,
Kent K.