[ROVERNET - UK] Battery in Boot?

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 02:28:03 BST 2004

Tom,
My first career involved installing RADAR and depth
sounders on both deep sea ships, tug boats, and
fishing boats.  The small craft were fitted with a
small AC generator run by the boats' DC batteries.  It
was always our objective to get the generator as close
as we could to the batteries to avoid voltage loss.  I
have now forgotten the mathematic formula to calculate
the voltage drop for a length of wire based upon its
diameter.  Perhaps somebody can help with that.

I think it creates another variable for you with
regard to starting power but I thought I should give
you a caution rather than just reading and moving on.

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca