[ROVERNET - UK] tach

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:51:27 BST 2004

Larry, I am the technician. So I did the work. As Paul has already pointed
out you will require 100Hz to set the tach for 3000Rpm. Since there is only
one pulse/cylinder for every two revolutions (2pulses per revolution and
60sec/min). This is what it looks like:
3000 rev/min X min/60sec X 2pulses/rev = 100 pulses/sec or 100Hz.

I think you said earlier that the loop of wire was connected to the rear of
the tach? I trust also that you have not installed an electronic ignition
lately? This may cause problems. You state it was converted to a TC. I trust
it did not have a tach previously. Has the tach ever worked in this car? Was
it wired as per 68 TC wiring in the manual. If the ignition loop is on the
wrong side of the coil or the points it is also not likely to work.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the wrong info earlier.
Ron.