[ROVERNET - UK] tach

Tom Trafton v8rover at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 1 16:04:48 GMT 2004

Larry

One thing that you should do, given that there is now an electronic ignition
in place, is to take a couple extra wraps of wire around the pole in the
back of the tach.  The current draw in the wire from the distributor to the
back of the tach will have been reduced with the electronic ignition and may
not be enough to fire the tach.

I check both the factory manual and the supplement for the US Federal spec
cars and there is no tach shown on the wiring diagrams even though there are
instructions on how to remove/refit the clock/tach module.  Curious, huh?

Tom