[ROVERNET - UK] P6B - Rear Brakes removal

Michael Pellow mp349 at ww.co.nz
Thu Jul 29 19:46:57 BST 2004

I am in the process of dismantling my spare car and am presently
attempting to remove the rear calipers. I have removed the pads (as per
the ROM) but the hinge pin assembly is causing me problems. I have
removed the rear nut but the front one (facing to the middle of the car)
will not budge. The nut itself appears to be approx. 15/16 in or 24mm
but it also appears to have some sort of cover over it bent over on all
sides - sort of shaped over the nut. The car is a 1976 model. Has anyone
had any similar experiences? Or does anyone have any tips on how to get
it off? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ray Wilkins

1976 P6B

Melbourne, Australia

Some people break off the clip that is over the nut .If all else fails you
can do this .Beleive it or not, it is a captive device ,to ensure the nut
dosnt come undone.Asocket will fit over it ,and,with a long tommy bar it
should come undone.when you expose the pin use an allen key but undo from
the nut at the other end as you can get more purchase.Tap the nut back so
the the pin extrude out to the middle of the car.After many years of sitting
undisturbed ,they require some persuasion to come out.

Michael Pellow
2x 46 10 HP
     49 P3 75 6 light
     59 P4 60