[ROVERNET - UK] P6B - Rear Brakes removal

Ray Wilkins rwilkins at connexus.net.au
Tue Jul 27 22:51:06 BST 2004

 Dear Rovernetters,

I am in the process of dismantling my spare car and am presently
attempting to remove the rear calipers. I have removed the pads (as per
the ROM) but the hinge pin assembly is causing me problems. I have
removed the rear nut but the front one (facing to the middle of the car)
will not budge. The nut itself appears to be approx. 15/16 in or 24mm
but it also appears to have some sort of cover over it bent over on all
sides – sort of shaped over the nut. The car is a 1976 model. Has anyone
had any similar experiences? Or does anyone have any tips on how to get
it off? I’d be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ray Wilkins

1976 P6B