[ROVERNET - UK] P6 2200 - inertia reel seatbelts

Mike Shaddick mikshdik at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jul 26 22:46:30 BST 2004

What made you think I was talking about inertia-reel belts?  I can see no
>way of installing 3-point belts, in that there is nothing rigid above
>floor level, and I have established by correspondence with seat-belt
>manufacturer/supplier that inertia-reel lap belts are simply unavailable.
>Having never driven without a belt until I took over my Rover, I feel that
>a non-inertia-reel lap belt is not ideal but is better than nothing, and
>certainly the mounting to the chassis girders is very secure.  The other
>point is that the belt is very easily concealed beneath the seat cushion,
>and then nobody would know it's there!

Slats,

 If I get around to it, I will post pictures of the rear seat of my P6B
with three sets of inertial three point belts (from Clippan).  The middle
one just accomodated a smallish child, of which I once had several.

kanjane