[ROVERNET - UK] stuck clutch remedy? 2000 TC

fjcumberland at sc.rr.com fjcumberland at sc.rr.com
Tue Jul 20 15:52:29 BST 2004

Hi list,

I went to take the P6 for a drive on Sunday (after letting it sit for a month or so in hot, humid weather) and discovered that the clutch appears to be stuck to the flywheel.  Does anyone have any P6-specific suggestions for freeing it up?  I plan to warm the car up to operating temp., point it down the drive, & try to start it in 2nd, working the clutch pedal as I went.  The one problem I can see is the need to repeatedly switch the ignition key back and forth each time I try to start the car.  I've done this before w/a Mini; however, the Mini is a bit easier to do because you don't need to keep switching the key back to "off."

Oh- I'm headed out this week to get a dehumidifier for the garage . . . .

Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

Cheers,
Jim