[ROVERNET - UK] 1971 Rover 3500S Factory Delivery Prices

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 29 15:09:07 GMT 2004

Rover 2000 in the US had "Bridge Of Weir" Scottish leather. Wonderful,
buttery soft, but did not hold up as well as Connolly used in Jaguar, in US
sun and with typical US lack of care. Rover 3500S used a box pleat vinyl
(Ambla ??)that lasts forever. I have seats and cushions of both in my
warehouse, and you can bet I have more 3500S seats than 2000 leather
seats!The stitching pulled out, and back seat tops cracked in the sun on
vinyl, but the fact that I have some good ones shows that it outlasted
leather. James Dean, Ft. Lauderdale. jaguru at bellsouth.net