[ROVERNET - UK] P4 105S Clutch

rogerdm at iprimus.com.au rogerdm at iprimus.com.au
Sun Dec 5 02:42:43 GMT 2004

Hi Peter,

You will need to replace the dowels, and this can be difficult.  there are
two methods.  One is called hydralic and involves the use of a roller bearing,
drill and heated wax or oil.  The other involves drilling through the flywheel
with the smallest drill, drilling baco with a larger drill into the cavity
behind the dowel and using a cut down alen key to drift the dowel out.  If
you need more suggestions on this please feel free to reply.

My recolection is that the gearbos and clutches on the landrover and the
P4 were very similar if not identical.  I agree that you need not worry about
about the predal pressure from seemingly different springs.  though i do
recall that heavier springs were available at one stage but these would be
clearly identified as such.  From another perspective, it is beter to get
the heaviest springs that you can conveniantly use in the car, especially
if you contemplate towing, or towing other broken down cars eg Jaguar.  Let
us know how you proceed.

Cheers Roger