[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC gaskets, tailpipe

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 03:57:38 BST 2004

Norm, you've had lot's of good advice. This is a great group in my humble
opinion. One thing I would add is that the exhaust manifold rarely has
holes-yes it does happen it just happens far less than the muffler and
tailpipes have holes. I had one repaired about 20yrs ago. It is still on the
car and works fine. It was far cheaper to have a good exhaust shop-I would
not recommend a franchise unless you know them-repair the broken sections of
the header. That of course is assuming you have a TC and not an SC. The SC
uses cast iron if I remember correctly. This can be welded by someone who
knows how.
All the best, Ron.