[ROVERNET - UK] Off topic (Rover 75 V8)

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Mon Aug 16 00:52:00 BST 2004

Yes, the Rover 75 will be using a modern Ford V8 derived I think from
the Mustang and delivering something like 260 bhp. Sadly production of
the ex Buick Rover V8s wound up in early May after nearly 1 million had
been made over the years (Rover only not BOP included) and the tooling
for the engine was put up for sale. Does anyone know if it has been sold
to another party yet? It's all a bit confusing really because the
current Range Rover has a BMW V8, while the new Discovery 3 will be
getting a Jaguar-based V8 which has been developed by Ford who now own
Jaguar and Land Rover.

Rob