[ROVERNET - UK] exhaust and back pressure

Paul Smith Paul.Smith at auroraenergy.com.au
Thu Aug 12 00:31:44 BST 2004

Generally newer mufflers have better flow characteristics than old ones.
The manufactureres have learnt, and maybe even read up on it!
Nowadays they tend to be tubes with holes punched outwards, so the sound
pulse is broken up, with sound absorbing material around the inside of the
canister.  This works against tuning beyond the muffler...

PVS